Breakout is a beautiful, responsive WordPress theme that shows us a little shine and gloss are still very much in. It’s built with the renowned Theme Blvd framework, which includes Twitter Bootstrap, FontAwesome, basic retina support, and exclusive compatibility with our most popular end-user WordPress plugins.
The entire theme, all the way down through the Theme Blvd Framework at the core, has been carefully built around the modern era of responsive web design. No longer should we be concerned with specifically just the iPad or the iPhone, but we need to focus on the entire mobile and tablet experience, as a whole. That is the approach we take at Theme Blvd.
Make sure to view the theme’s Live Preview on your various devices and browse through all of the demonstrated features.
Whether your website visitors are browsing from a Retina MacBook Pro, a Retina iPad, or any of the other high-resolution devices that inevitably will come onto the market, Breakout has you covered. The theme’s stylesheets automatically check each website visiter’s device pixel-density ratio, and then serve up all of the theme’s details crafted for their specific resolution. The result is a graphically beautiful experience, no matter the device.
Our goal is to provide you with the most flexibility as possible with the look of your site, while letting you avoid sifting through an endless abyss of options. You can get a good idea of the stylistic options that come with the theme by looking at the Live Preview. Also, you have full control of typography and link colors, including using any font from the Google Font Directory.
- Options Tab 1: Styles
- Options Tab 2: Layout
- Options Tab 3: Content
- Options Tab 4: Configuration
When installing Breakout, you’ll be prompted to install some of our most popular plugins to compliment your theme. These plugins are free, but will only work with a Theme Blvd theme.
- Theme Blvd Layout Builder
- Theme Blvd Sliders
- Theme Blvd Shortcodes
- Theme Blvd Widget Areas
- Theme Blvd Widget Pack
Because our theme framework is so flexible, we’ve also got a growing library of other little plugins, that accomplish various other tasks.
Here is the quick step-by-step guide for how this theme’s demo homepage was setup from the WordPress admin panel. You can find much more information on the following steps in great detail by viewing the documentation that came in your theme’s download package. Keep in mind this is only a quick step-by-step for the theme demo’s homepage and you definitely do not have to setup your site in this way if you don’t want to.
- Install the theme and the recommended plugins. (See video)
- Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage Displays, and make sure you’ve selected “your latest posts”.
- Go to the Sliders page and create a custom slider.
- Go to the Builder page and create a new custom layout. Use “Breakout Homepage” as your layout’s starting point. Configure your element settings, including selecting your custom slider in the slider element, and save the layout.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage, select to show a custom layout, and select the custom layout you’ve created.
For your reference, listed here are all of the image sizes that your images get cropped to when using this theme. If your WordPress installation already has many images uploaded, it’s best to run the Thumbnail Generator plugin after installing the theme.
- Slider Full Width – 940×350 (hard crop)
- Slider Staged Left/Right – 564×350 (hard crop)
- 1/5 Column of Grid – 200×125 (hard crop)
- 1/4 Column of Grid – 240×150 (hard crop)
- 1/3 Column of Grid – 320×200 (hard crop)
- 1/2 Column of Grid – 472×295 (hard crop)
- Small Thumbnail of List – 195×195 (soft crop)
- Small Square – 130×130 (hard crop)
- Smaller Square – 70×70 (hard crop)
- Smallest Square – 45×45 (hard crop)
- 2.0.1 – May 15, 2014
- 2.0.0 – May 12, 2014
- 1.1.4 – August 17, 2012
- 1.1.3 – July 2, 2012
- 1.1.2 – June 2, 2012
- 1.1.1 – May 26, 2012
- 1.1.0 – May 20, 2012 – (Information about this update) – Re-configure your Theme Options, many options added.
- 1.0.3 – December 19, 2011
- 1.0.2 – Date Unkown
- 1.0.1 – Date Unkown
- 1.0.0 – Date Unkown