Version 1.1 (11.12.2012) – Scroll down for changelog
Cherry is a responsive, clean, portfolio oriented theme suitable for any kind of business. The theme is specially designed to focus on content and surprise the user with soft styled elements and smooth effects (powered by CSS3 or jQuery). The primary colors used are red, grey and black specially chosen because of their visual influence on the user.
Regarding the site structure, the layout has a fixed width of 990px except of 2 slideshows which have a fixed size of 1200px and a full width layout. As you can see the footer has a relatively more complex design than the rest of the site, mainly because the user attention is focused more and more on this part of the website.
The theme is completely responsive and optimized for mobile devices. Tested on iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle. To test it please resize your browser. The slideshows are also responsive and support touch navigation.
10 different styles with multiple slideshows
The theme has 10 built in styles (switch them in the settings panel from live preview) accompanied by 3 different slideshows. Each slider has its own set of features and can be customized in the theme control panel. You can select the slider animation, caption, external link, choose how many posts to display, choose to enable/disable the autostart feature, enable/disable navigation and much more.
Extensive homepage modules and styles
You have the possibility to display anything you need on the homepage due to the 4 modules that compose the page. Each module is configurable via the theme option. Quick and easy.
Multiple portfolio templates
The theme is packed with no more than 12 portfolio templates giving you extensive flexibility on how to display your projects. The portfolio templates can be customized from the page panel. You have the possibility to select from 1 up to 4 columns layout, a classic, filterable and sidebar style. Also, you can choose how many posts to display, add a page headline and 3 different hover effects.
Specific theme widgets
Cherry has a total number of 7 custom developed widgets.
- Custom recent posts
- Most viewed posts
- Shortcodes Widget(has a button that opens the shortcodes panel, so you don’t have to leave the widgets panel)
- Follow us Widget
- Twitter widget
- Flickr widget
- Contact widget
Powerful admin panel
None of these features cannot be possible without a powerful admin panel. This is the main administration panel and offers the possibility to customize all the structure and functionality of the theme. You have options for homepage, slideshows, social media, logos, seo, color styles and typography.
Visual shortcodes panel
Regarding the shortcodes section you don’t have to worry about all that code you need to insert into the editor, the theme has a visual shortcode panel where all the shortcodes have their own subpanel. Just 2 clicks and you’re done.
Please find bellow all features of the theme. Thank you!
- 10 Color Styles
- HTML5 (Valid) & CSS3 animations
- Responsive design (Mobile, Tablet and Desktops supported)
- 3 different slideshows (Classic, Sequence, Camera
- Over 80 shortcodes and shortcode generators (view the shortcodes drop down)
- SEO Optimized
- Extensive theme options
- Built-in contact form
- 7 custom widgets
- Lots of different extra page templates, for different purposes like (styled with the ease of shortcodes):
- Archive page
- 404 page
- About us
- 12 Different portfolio templates (1/2/3/4 columns layout with 3 styles: classic, filterable, with sidebar)
- 3 Different portfolio hover effects
- Video and audio support (vimeo, youtube,Self Hosted Video & Audio – powered by shortcodes)
- Extensive documentation
- Translation Ready with a .po file
- Unlimited portolios
- Multi level dropdown menu
- Cross browser compatible
- Automatic Image Resizing (WP default image resize function)
- Left/Right sidebar options
- Page headlines and header images
- Possibility to add shortcode directly from widget
- Psd files included
Note: Images are not available in the download folder. Once you’ll import the demo content all the images will be replaced with a dummy file (.png)