Gander is a free premium responsive WordPress theme from fabthemes.com. This theme is built on Bootstrap 3 framework. This is a job board wordpress theme. This lets you post job opportunities and receive applications from prospective employees. The theme comes with custom homepage, page templates and plugins required to run the job board.
The theme requires few plugins to work the way it is originally intended to. You will find a notification on the admin panel prompting you to install the required plugins. Please install and activate the plugins.
- WP Job Manager – This plugin is required to run the Job board function.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – This plugin is required for better SEO and breadcrumb navigation.
1. Installing theme
Download the theme zip file from Fabthemes.com. Open your WordPress admin panel and go to Appearence > Themes . Click Add new and then Upload the theme to your themes directory and activate it.
2. Install plugins
After theme activation, you will find a notification that prompts you to install and activate the 2 required plugins listed earlier. Please install and activate them.
3. WP Job Manager pages
The job manager plugin normally automatically creates few pages for Job board function. If it is not created already you can create them yourselves. These are just pages with Job manager specific shortcodes in them.
- Job Page – Create a new page with title Jobs and add the [jobs] shortcode to the content area and publish it. Use the full width page template for sidebar free visual experince.
- Job submit page – Create a new page with Job Submit title and add the [submit_job_form]shortcode to it and publish the page. This will give you the Job submission form through which your visitors can post job openings.
- Job Dashboard – This is a page that lets the admin to manage the job entries via the front end. Just create a new page called Job dashboard and use the shortcode [job_dashboard]in the content.