Sideways 2, a premium photography and creative portfolio WordPress theme. It is the follow up to the best selling Sideways Portfolio Website WordPress Theme.
Sideways 2 features a unique combination of responsive fullscreen and horizontal layouts, clean contemporary design and elegant typography that will make the right impression.
The theme has been designed around ease of use. The theme and template options are concise and clearly labeled with descriptions explaining exactly what they do. There are also no excessive meta boxes on the page edit screen for adding featured content such as video embeds. Instead just copy the video url (from an oEmbed provider supported by WordPress) into the page content area and the theme will do the rest via oEmbed.
If you encounter a bug in the theme or have any pre purchase questions you can get support by posting your issue or question on the item’s comments page. When posting responses to your original post please use the “reply” button on your original post so your conversation is threaded. This makes it easier to follow.
- Clean design puts the focus on your content
- Unique fullscreen horizontal scrolling layouts
- Galleries and portfolio support landscape and portrait images
- Fullscreen backgrounds for pages, and portfolio items
- Flexible page templates
- 8 Page Templates
- Full width
- Fullscreen Slideshow
- Grid Portfolio
- Horizontal Portfolio
- 2 Portfolio Layouts (+ variations)
- Grid Cropped
- Horizontal Cropped
- 5 Portfolio Item Formats
- All 10 post formats supported (Aside, Audio, Chat, Gallery, Image, Link, Standard, Quote, Status, Video)
- 8 Page Templates
- Built in 404 page
- Image Exif meta data
- Cropped or uncropped image options for portfolio layouts
- Unique fullscreen and fully responsive navigation menu
- Fully Responsive Layout (which can be disabled with one click)
- Funky Shortcodes plugin included with shortcode generator buttons.
- Dark & Light colour schemes with mix and match elements, selectable in the theme options
- Unlimited colour options for accent colours (links, buttons, etc)
- Retina Ready. No image files used in the design.
- Funky Shortcodes plugin
- Unlimited portfolios
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+ share links on portfolio items
- Unbranded theme and template options
- Translation Ready. Includes .mo/.po files for translation
- Valid & cross browser compatible HTML5 & CSS3 (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE8, IE9, IE10)
- Child theme compatible
- Includes a skeleton child theme
- WordPress multisite compatible
- Image or text site logo
- Touch swipe gesture compatible galleries
- Separate desktop and mobile logo image options
- Threaded comments
- Portfolio item share links (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
- CSS and jQuery animations
- Widget ready sidebar
- Social icons in navigation menu
- No need for feature images on blog posts
- Custom Apple touch icons options
- Custom favicon option
- Built-in contact form with honey pot spam protection
- Support for WordPress Custom Menus
- Extensive documentation (2,000+ words)
- Fast support via item comments section
- Live preview content XML included (images not included)
Version 1.1 – 04 July 2013
- Corrected portfolio item dashboard image dimensions.
- Change site logo to absolute positioning.
- Fixed bug causing Accent Text default colour to not be output.
- Fixed Exif data not displaying.
Version 1.0 – 04 July 2013
- Initial release.