SmartMag is a modern, clean, responsive and retina-ready (HD) WordPress theme suitable for magazines, newspapers, review sites, or blogs.
SmartMag not only excels at front-end usability, the admin back-end is very easy to use. The drag & drop page builder makes it easy to create unique and creative homepages. Having built-in support for SEO using rich snippets and HTML5, your site will rank better in search engines. Make your content more appealing,engaging and usable.
Get SmartMag today and be setup in minutes!
- SEO Optimized: Rich snippets for breadcrumbs and reviews are built-in. Further SEO enhancements available using WordPress SEO by Yoast.
- Fully Responsive: All elements are responsive.
- Page Builder: Use any of the 11 page-builder widgets and 6 block styles to create your homepage or any other page.
- Multiple Layouts: Posts, Pages, and Categories can be configured to use a full-width layout or have a right sidebar (Custom Sidebars are supported).
- Flexible Customization: A light color scheme included! Use the pre-made style or change colors / typography in options panel to create your own style. Custom CSS also supported for advanced users.
- Flexible Options: unlimited colors and typography customizations.
- Retina Ready (HD): All the theme graphics scale beautifully on hi-def screens.
- RTL (right-to-left) supported and auto-activated when WordPress is configured to use an RTL language. Translation ready and WPML supported.
- Responsive Google Adsense is supported using the default Google Adsense smart sizing code without any modifications.
- Unbranded Admin Panel that’s easy to use and have amazing number of options and settings.
- Utilizes the power of HTML5 & CSS3.
- Multiple Listing Layouts: (for categories or page-builder/homepage)
- Modern Layout
- Blog Layout
- Timeline Layout
- Multiple Homepage Blocks: News Focus, Highlights, 3 Column Higlights Variation (shown on demo homepage). You can also use the category listing layouts and 11 other widgets to further spice up the homepage.
- Unique Mega Menus: There are two unique mega menus for different needs as can be seen on the demo homepage.
- Integrated Review System: (GUI criteria/review creator)
- Percent Rating Example
- Point Rating Example
- 600+ Google Web Fonts are supported.
- Multiple Post Formats: Standard, Image, Gallery, Audio, Video.
- Cross-browser Compatible: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8+.
- Custom Widgets: (default widgets well-supported)
- Flickr Photos Widget
- Recent Tabs – An advanced widget that let’s you add “Popular Posts”, “Recent Posts”, “Top Reviews”, or latest posts from specific category in tabs.
- Recent Posts Widget
- Popular Posts Widget
- Latest Reviews Widget
- Advertisement Widget
- “About” Widget
- Many more widgets for advanced users using simple shortcodes.
- Advanced Category Features:
- Set a category color that will be used in menu and category labels.
- Set a background image to be used on a specific category (for boxed layout).
- Use any of the 3 Listing Styles. Modern, Blog, or Timeline.
- Enable a featured slider to be shown for a specific category.
- Enable the right sidebar or select full-width layout.
- GUI Shortcode Generator – all the commonly used shortcodes available via a visual interface.
- Tons of Useful Shortcodes – tabs, accordions, typography, dropcaps, buttons, columns, lists, and many more layout related shortcodes.
- A modern block-based Featured Slider that can also be used for categories.
- Post Layouts:
- Default Single Post
- Full Width Post
- Gallery Format
- Video Post Format
- Audio Post Format
- Tiled Gallery Example (Jetpacks/Slim Jetpacks).
- Comments Example
- Multiple Page Templates included:
- Full-width Example
- Site Map Page
- 404 Error Page
- Single Author Page
- Contributors/Authors List Page
- Ads Support – easily add ads in header, in between blocks on homepage (using page-builder), side-bar, or footer.
- Child Themes supported for more advanced customizations.
- And much more.
- Demo Images (Not Included): (flickr CC-BY-2.0) Yasser Alghofily, Daniel Zedda, Jonathan Kos-Read, Alejandro Pinto, Jim H., Luis Hernandez, William Cho, Lucas Zallio, Mark Sebastian, Lies Thru a Lens.
- jQuery Tipsy
- jQuery Easing
Note: The images used in the demo are for demo purposes only. They are NOT included in the theme or the sample XML data.
Feb 5, 2014 – 1.0.2
- NEW FEATURE: Google Responsive Ads fully supported now. - Fixed: An issue with using Custom Menus prior to navigation menu. - Fixed: Mosaic tiled gallery width. - Fixed: Category Mega Menu featured post not working properly. - Fixed: Retina logo is no longer required when using image based logo. - Fixed: Media Library search broken in admin area. - Fixed: Styling issue for google-plus social icon in top bar. - Fixed: 728x90 ad vertical alignment issue in right side of header. - Documentation improvements and fixes. Files Changed: --------------------- style.css, functions.php, blocks/mega-menu-category.php, lib/menus.php, css/rtl.css
Feb 3, 2014 – 1.0.1
* Fixed Slider Issue with demo import content taking priority. Files Changed: --------------------- partial-sliders.php, style.css