Franklyn is a responsive, multi purpose premium WordPress theme. Franklyn is ideal for a range of applications, from standard blogs to creative portfolios. Franklyn avoids falling into the trap of feature bloat and inflexibility that many other themes suffer from.
- Liquid and responsive layout (desktop, tablet & mobile)
- Option to disable responsive layout
- Dark & Light colour schemes
- Colour picker options for accent colours (accent, links, buttons, etc)
- Full screen Flexslider template
- Mosaic blog and gallery layout
- Output image EXIF meta data including geolocation Google map
- Gallery image commenting
- Built in infinite scroll on blog, archive and portfolios
- Post formats (standard, audio, gallery, image, link, quote, status, video) utilizing oEmbed for featured content
- Unlimited portfolios with jQuery filtering
- Flexible portfolio templates (cropped or uncropped thumbnails, hide header)
- Support for various portfolio item types (standard, image, gallery, video, SoundCloud)
- Multi line text site title or custom logo image (max width 180px)
- Theme and page specific options
- Child theme support
- Translation ready (via included .po and .mo files)
- Twitter custom widget.
- WP3 .0 custom menus
- Thorough documentation (3,000+ words)
- Fast support via ThemeForest item discussion page
- Live preview dummy content XML included.
Unlike many other premium WordPress themes shortcodes are added to Franklyn through the free Funky Shortcodes plugin. By including shortcodes via a plugin instead of hard coding them into the theme it means the shortcodes can be updated more frequently independantly of the theme, you are free to continue to use the shortcodes if you decide to change themes and your content will not be plagued with broken shortcodes. It’s the correct way of doing things!
Image Galleries with EXIF Meta Data
Image galleries can be created as regular pages using the gallery page template, as posts using the gallery or image post format or as portfolio items. When images are uploaded via the WordPress media library the EXIF meta data is stored with the image and output on the image’s single page. This includes a google map showing where the image was taken. Each EXIF meta data can be toggled in the Appearance tab of the Theme Options giving you the flexibility to only display the information you want to.
Franklyn includes seven post formats letting you apply specific layouts to your blog posts depending on their content. The supported Post formats include audio, gallery, link, quotes, standard, status and video.
The theme makes use of oEmbed to determine what should be the featured content of each post corresponding to the post’s selected post format. This means that there is no messy option fields to fill in to add a video to the top of the page. You simple select the video post format and copy / paste a video URL (from a supported video host) anywhere in your post content. When extracting the feature content from your post content the first appropriate URL will be used and moved to the top of the post content. Below is a list of supported URLs for embedded content of each post format type:
Display your work, photographs or products in an easily manageable and attractive way. The theme includes a portfolio custom post type with the ability to create an unlimited number of portfolios, a portfolio grid page template with infinite scrolling and jQuery filters, and a portfolio shortcode that allows you to output your work in a one, two or three column layout.
Portfolio Items use the same oEmbed method as posts to select and output featured content which means, once again, there are no messy text field options that need to be filled in on the portfolio item edit screen. Just copy / paste a supported URL for the portfolio item type and let the theme do the hard work!
Configure your website in minutes with the built in, unbranded, theme and template options.
Includes a full .mo and .po file so you can translate the theme to your language.