For a long time this website ran on a simple custom-made CMS, and its blog component (WordPress) was simply “bolted on” with little effort spent on its appearance.
Recently we’ve removed the CMS and the site is now 100% WordPress. It’s using a theme that we’ve built ourselves, called Skyfall. You can download it from http://wordpress.org/themes/skyfall , and find the demo at http://demo.themephe.com/skyfall .
So what’s special about Skyfall? Apart from looking good, Skyfall is adaptable; it can be used for different needs. You can style a personal blog, an elegant business website or even use it to showcase photos and images.
- Child-theme friendly
- Translation-ready (contains .po/.mo/.pot files)
- Optional blog page template to display ‘standard blog’ feel
- Create custom templates for any post type
- Post settings allowing you to add a custom stylesheeet for individual posts
- Integration with the WordPress theme customizer allowing you to customize the looks of your site
- Support for custom header, background and menus
- Upload your own custom logo and favicon
- Remove or change footer text easily