Tiny Forge WordPress theme encompasses all the best features of the default WordPress themes in one place, plus more usability and code improvements! Do you like elegant mobile-first HTML5 ready structure of Twenty Twelve, custom per-post headers and three footer widgets from Twenty Eleven, icon webfont support from Twenty Thirteen and Google Fonts support? It’s all there, you don’t have to make difficult compromises, you have everything in one neat package
Tiny Forge WordPress theme was created from the default theme Twenty Twelve to be used as a learning tool or your own little web development “framework”. It helps to understand how to extend parent themes and build your own child themes, hacking them the way you want it. Along with the main theme you will find an example of a child theme – an easy way to start developing with child themes! You get the best coding examples from default WordPress themes and the best hacks from the child theme.
So why would you choose Tiny Forge WordPress theme and its child themes?
It helps you to learn WordPress theme and child theme development!
Because it is based on default WordPress theme, many will find the code look and feel “familiar”, and that’s an important thing, especially if you’re just starting to play with WordPress themes.
Each component of this child theme is thoroughly commented and marked as a “Tip” with a distinct number. For example
Quick overview of main theme features
- All features that comes with Twenty Twelve theme
- Elegant, readable and fully responsive theme built on HTML5
- Fully responsive, mobile-first layout
- Front page template with its own widgets
- An optional “Open Sans” display font (enabled by default) and Google Fonts support (optional)
- Styling for post formats on both index and single views
- An optional no-sidebar page template
- Custom headers for posts and pages (including random header rotator) – ported from Twenty Eleven
- Custom Header Logo to display it next to Site Title and Description
- 3 footer widgets – ported from Twenty Eleven
- Icon webfont support – as seen in Twenty Thirteen, only better!
- Schema.org microdata format support
- Included a starter child theme – easy way to make it your own!
- Page template to display a list of links (blogroll). Blogroll feature is available as a plugin: Link Manager
- LESS dynamic stylesheet language support! Welcome to rapid development age – change the look and feel of your site in minutes! (provided via child themes)
- Table of contents for style.css - as seen in Twenty Thirteen, also for functions.php!
- Usability improvements (see the list below)
- Security improvements (see the list below)
- Other improvements (see the list below)